Thursday, March 11, 2010

Current Design Projects

I am currently working on knitting a sample for a pattern I wrote this winter. It is called the Avalon Cabled Cardigan. The cardigan is currently sized for children aged 12 monnths - 10 years.

I am about 4 inches from finishing the second sleeve. As soon as I bind off, I will be casting on for the sample of a coordinating hat called the Avalon Cabled Hat. I will be photographing both the hat and cardi next week, so I will update with photos soon. I committed to sending both samples to the publisher next week, so I am knitting whenever possible.

I have plans to create a pattern for women based on the feedback from the child version. I have the prototype on the needles for me in my "Dark Night" colorway on Sequoia Superwash Merino. It will definitely be a while until it is finished based on my other design commitments. I want to finish it this summer, so I can wear it in the fall/winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment